What’s going on now?
I have a habit of abusing blogs (in the sense that they don’t really get updated often, but I’m going to try change that for the nth time.)
The CPPS.me team has been talking about how we can improve our site (and game), and we came to a few conclusions. Here they are.
- CPPS.me is aiming towards a Club Penguin alternative, rather than a Private Server.
- The services we provide must be given a more professional touch
- We need to work on scalability.
Those are the points in a nutshell, now let’s elaborate (.. in order)
- CPPS.me needs to set itself apart from other services of the same type. There needs to be more than just freedom of filters. As it has been for several weeks, certain servers are filtered to be friendly to new(coming from Club Penguin?) users. Others are without restrictions. We are more than the others who emulate Club Penguin, and we’re going to start showing that more, starting with including all updates & development notices on this blog (as well as any announcements).
- If we’re going to be a Club Penguin alternative, we need to act the part. This’ll probably involve a redesign of the website, etc.
- Our software (and hardware) needs to be upgraded to scale with our large user base, as well as supporting high load just like Club Penguin. Our login server already does this (see below..)
Our new software
We’ve been working on some new features for CPPS.me, most of them behind the scene. I’m going to announce the first in a long range of updates.
..the new login server!
The login server has been rewritten in C#, and the horrible timeouts are gone. I can tell you that you will be able to login now! Woo! — Of course, that isn’t good enough. That’s why it gives me great pleasure to declare that we are beginning a project to port our game code to C# also, with a completely new base and layout.
This will allow a lot more flexibility in how we incorporate features (and if we do at all). The current game has been compromised in features to give a tradeoff between speed and functionality. That’s going to change.
We promise we’ll update with more information soon.. but until then, yes, there will be a sweet beta for the new game. :)
- CPPS.me administration